Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Behold the new corvette zr1

Honi soit qui mal y pense FOXGT500VERT's Avatar

Why bother as the mid-engine is on it's way...
    Finish Line Performance & Team Beefcake Racing, Building and Racing Canada's Fastest Coyote 5.0's

At this stage in the game, with autonomous technology coming and electric cars gaining in popularity, I don't think anyone in this or any other car club should be turning their nose up at monsters like this. Enjoy reading and watching videos of them - or driving them if you can afford these kinds of toys - because in the not to distant future, these kinds of cars may very well be a thing of the past.

Mustang, Challengers, Chargers, Camaros, Corvettes, Vipers (gone already) are faster than ever and we should all be reveling about the fact that we even have cars like this to talk/debate/argue about.
    ***Click Here*** > MAKE MY DONATION

^^^it might be fast but i dont like it because its fugly.

Quote Originally Posted by 9SECOYTE View Post
    ^^^it might be fast but i dont like it because its fugly.
    You don't have to like it. No one is saying you do. But like that it exists or that anything from the factory with over 500hp exists. That's a very good thing. Who knows how much longer this kind of thing will be going on.

V8 supercars are going nowhere....as long as F1 and Nascar are around they will be also

Electric and self driving world?? we will be LONG gone by then
    92 Notch...4.6 4v

Has I said many time before electric cars are NOT the future.. Case in point
    But trust me on the sunscreen !!

Im not sure what the future is, but if CAFE and climate change extremists get their way, 755hp muscle cars wont be it, that I can tell you.

Enjoy it while you can, folks.

Beyond Light IT Services Future303's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Im not sure what the future is, but if CAFE and climate change extremists get their way, 755hp muscle cars wont be it, that I can tell you.

Enjoy it while you can, folks.
    High HP will exist, it will just be whisper quiet 800hp 1400tq electric motors.
    If you shine low-entropy light at a planet, you get complex dissipation patterns. Some of which use the internet.

Simply crazy times we live in. New ZR1 is the fixed up Zo6 and the resurrection of sorts of the Viper ACR. Also carried along by tire technology, these new monsters are faster than full out tube framed and some monocoque race cars from not so long ago. Killer aero, full bore electronics packages and mega efficient DI gas motors will keep these around for a while.
    Who gives a phuck if this thing looks ugly in poor angle pics - the whole super/hypercar performance levels available at $150 000 to play with GT2RS Porsches and GTR Benzes, Hurracans etc is unprecedented.

Nordschleife Nurburgring Lap Records
    2017 GT2 RS 6:47
    2016 Lambo Hurracan Performante 6:52
    2014 Porsche 918 6:55
    2013 Viper ACR 7:01
    2015 Nismo GTR 7:08
    2017 Benz GTR 7:11
    2017 Zo6 Vette 7:14
    2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE 7:16
    2011 Vette ZR1 7:20
    2008 Pagani Zonda Clubsport 7:24.5

These are all street cars on street tires. Used to be said that anything below 8 minutes was insane.

2005 Viper 7:59

That's an eternity slower and still faster than regular sized testicles allow.

New McLaren P1 is only at 6:47 with 1000 hp and F1 technology and a $4 M price tag...plus GST

Fun fact: Sabine Schmitz holds the record in a Ford Transit work van at 10:08 lol

6:32 is the outright record I could find:Christian Danner drove an F2 car in training......thats a 1000 lb full aero race car with 500 hp.......

My prediction is the ZR1 will sniff at 7 min lap times and should have a shot at beating the ACR, the undisputed king of ordinary track cars.

Great times we live in......
    Opinionated beyond the pale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12