Thread: 2015 Mustang: new burn-out feature

2015 Mustang: new burn-out feature

what to you think about this feature. cool or not necessary?
    article:

There have been quite a few headlines regarding the new 2015 Ford Mustang in the past week, but one that's got people buzzing is about a new secret feature that Ford won't talk about yet. We'd speculated that the feature would have to do with executing burnouts after being tipped to the possibility by Gary Gastelu at Fox News.
    While our sources have refused to comment about specific features on the record, we've been able to confirm that one of the secret features in the 2015 Mustang will indeed be an electronic system that will help drivers execute the perfect, smoky, epic burnout. Think launch control for burnouts.

Our sources haven't given us any clues as to how the system might operate, but there are several possible routes to deliver the functionality. One way would be to enable a line lock on the front brakes, while simultaneously disabling traction control, with or without a rev-limiter to get the engine speed up to the ideal for a clutch dump and subsequent smoky burnout.

We can already see some of you cringing at the thought of the electronic aid in performing your burnouts, and, we suspect that like launch control systems, the burnout feature can be disabled to let you roast your tires the old fashioned way, too.

The 2015 Ford Mustang is shaping up to have a long list of high-tech features. From independent rear suspension to new technology features such as adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring, this is sure to be the most advanced, and civilized Mustang to date.

Whether the new burnout function is the only secret feature the new 2015 Ford Mustang will offer remains to be seen, but we can't wait to slide behind the wheel and see how this new system works for ourselves.

Until then, we'd suggest you listen to what the new Mustang GT sounds like, because frankly, it just sounds ballsy.
    Saleen12c
    2008 Saleen S281 S/C Convertible

First off, this is interesting. If ford is putting in a "burn out" feature in their IRS car I'm guessing wheel hop isn't much of an issue anymore?

Secondly, burn out button. Really? lol
    Eat, Sleep, Stang, Repeat...

sarcastic remark here---> LX-Markham's Avatar

So it's a feature that would otherwise be illegal to use on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    First off, this is interesting. If ford is putting in a "burn out" feature in their IRS car I'm guessing wheel hop isn't much of an issue anymore?
    Only wheel hop I ever had was on the crap goodyears they put on the car. now with 17 psi of boost it either just hooks or spins freely.

Quote Originally Posted by LX-Markham View Post
    So it's a feature that would otherwise be illegal to use on the street.
    No doubt a dashboard disclaimer of "track use only" will pop up once activated. Just like the Track Apps on my 14. The second you enter the menu it states "Track use only" lol ya right

Quote Originally Posted by whrdugo View Post
    Only wheel hop I ever had was on the crap goodyears they put on the car. now with 17 psi of boost it either just hooks or spins freely.
    That's what I said though. In STOCK trim they're putting in a burnout button. They must be pretty confident with their set up cuz not everyone knows when to shut it down and blamo! The damage is done. I think it's a pretty ballsy move. Only Time will tell.

and just like that, the tires of the first 100 000 sold were gone